According to the San Francisco Chronicle and Californians for Consumer Privacy, California voters have passed Proposition 24 – the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA). The CPRA substantially modifies the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), which just went into effect on January 1, 2020.
Members of Husch Blackwell’s privacy and data security practice will host a webinar on November 10, 2020, to analyze the CPRA and how it will modify the CCPA. To register, click here. During the webinar, our team will discuss the following topics:
- Implementation timeline
- New/modified consumer rights
- New enforcement mechanisms
- New/modified definitions and terms such as “sensitive personal information”
- Changes to third-party data transfers
- Key takeaways for businesses