On July 20, 2022, the House Committee on Energy & Commerce reported out the American Data Privacy and Protection Act (ADPPA), and it is now eligible for a full House vote. If passed by Congress and signed by the President, the ADPPA will fundamentally change privacy law in the United States and around the world.
On August 18, 2022, Husch Blackwell will host a webinar to analyze the ADPPA. During the webinar we will cover the following topics:
- What entities the ADPPA covers
- What types of data are subject to the ADPPA
- The requirements for covered entities under the ADPPA
- How would the ADPPA be enforced, including an analysis of the bill’s private right of action
- Where the ADPPA stands in the legislative process and what its path forward is
Click here for more information and to register.